Saturday, August 2, 2014

Lyons' Birthday Party at Nona's House 8-2-14

As is the new tradition for late July or early August, Heather, Matt and their brood come to WV for a week of vacation and have a big shin dig celebrating all the August Birthdays....Isabella, Maria and Von.  And this year was no different!  The fun started as soon as the big trailer showed up carrying some horses.  We got to watch them brush the horses and aply fly spray, getting them ready for us to ride.  The fun continued when Miss Kelly showed up with her new Golden Puppy.  As everyone surely knows, my kids are TERRIFIED of dogs...much like they are the Chic Fil A cow :-)  But since this one was so small and timid and quiet, I guess they were intrigued.  They both got close enough to pet him and Zoey even picked him up!!  I thought maybe we have turned a page...that was until she ran screaming when she saw the other big dogs.  Oh well, small victories!!



 Once the horses were ready, everyone climbed on board!  I was so proud of my girl.  She actually picked the bigger horse as the one she wanted to ride.  Maybe the fact that it was white made it less intimidating, but she saddled up and rode Luna twice.  You could tell at first she was trying not to look like she liked it, but eventually she gave up and had a HUGE smile on her face. 


 Before the big storms rolled in, the man put the adult saddle on and took mom for a stroll around the yard and then Karter joined me for a short ride.  He looked very anxious but he never cried or struggled to get down.  Love my little cowboys and Heather for setting up such an awesome party!!  We are truly blessed to have such special friends here that treat us more like family that friends :-)




 Nona was nice enough to let me bathe the kids before I loaded them up for the 30 minute ride home.  I knew that if I didn't there would be no chance when we got home.  Sure enough, little man was OUT when we got home and Zoey was asleep about as soon as her head hit the pillow! 

No comments:


Blog Archive